The Neighbourhood Plan
Your Village is changing
Have Your Say About How it Changes
Burstow Parish Council is leading the preparation of a Neighbourhood Plan that will help define the future of our area and how it will change.
We want your views and comments as members of the community.
You can give your views and comments by completing our questionnaire either by clicking here and filling out our online survey or by completing the survey that will be posted through your door early in October. Please return the survey to one of the drop off points listed no later than the 30th October 2017.
There will also be an Open Day on Saturday 16th December at Centenary Hall, please come along and discuss the Plan and give any further comments
The Neighbourhood Plan is Important
Don't miss the opportunity to give your views
WHAT IS A NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN?
- AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE PLANNING PROCESS.
- COMMUNITY LED FRAMEWORK FOR GUIDING FUTURE LOCAL DEVELOPMENT, REGENERATION AND CONSERVATION.
- DISCUSSES THE USES AND DEVELOPMENT OF LAND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE STRATEGIC PRIORITIES OF TANDRIDGE DC.
- CONTAINS PLANNING PROPOSALS, AIMS AND POLICIES FOR THE LOCAL AREA.
- CAN BE A STATUTORY PLANNING DOCUMENT.
WHY GIVE YOUR VIEWS TO HELP CREATE A NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN?
- THE PLAN WILL AFFECT THE AREA IN WHICH YOU LIVE.
- AS A LOCAL STAKEHOLDER YOUR VIEWS WILL HELP SHAPE THE AREA AROUND YOU.
- IT HELPS GUIDE THE TYPE OF DEVELOPMENT YOU WANT TO SEE AND WHERE IT IS LOCATED.
- IT GATHERS LOCAL KNOWLEDGE AND OPINIONS ON WHICH TO BASE PLANNING DECISIONS.
- IT OFFERS FINE GRAINED DETAIL BUILDING ON THE OVERALL STRATEGY OF THE TANDRIDGE LOCAL PLAN.
- IT FOCUSES ATTENTION ON THE ISSUES THAT AFFECT YOUR AREA SUCH AS FLOODING, TRAFFIC AND PARKING.