Redehall Road Car park TA/2017/2528
23rd January 2018
For quite a while now there has been insufficient parking in Smallfield, especially around school opening and closing times. Several accidents have happened and numerous near misses.
The Parish Council, working in collaboration with Burstow School, have submitted a planning application to build a 55-bay car park along the front section of the School's playing field on Redehall Road.
To help avoid confusion over detail we have put together the following list to answer some questions. You are also welcome to contact the Parish Clerk if you would like any more information.
- The car park will only occupy the front section and not reduce the space that is actually used for sport
- The car park will be free and have no time restriction
- It will be fenced off and locked each night
- A height restrictor will prevent the car park being used by vans/lorries
- Low level solar lighting will illuminate the way without lighting up the village
- A new fence will be built separating the car park from the playing field
- Burstow School will ask staff who are currently parking on the streets to use the new car park. This will take approximately 22 vehicles off the road each school day